Main Meeting-Friday, October 3, 2014, at 7:30 pm.
Join us on Friday, October 3, 2014, 7:30 pm, at Calvary Baptist Church, 28924 Ruus Road, Hayward.
This month's presenter is Elliott Stern, the computer maestro at Maestro Computing Services. More than a computer repair tech, Elliott calls himself a computer counselor. Since 1985, Elliott has been counseling businesses and home computer users to reduce their computer frustration. A computer counselor goes beyond the standard fix so that computer problems do not re-appear. As the Maestro, Elliott can truly "make your system sing."
Elliott will be presenting "Perfecting Your Computer Backup." Many computer users follow a "Plug and Pray then Walk Away" method for computer backup. Plug in an external drive, walk away and hope for the best. Your saved files (and your computer) are at serious risk of loss if you follow the Plug and Pray, Walk Away backup strategy. Maestro's 4R's Model for Better Backups will be shared along with tips and techniques for a better backup.
Lexar 32 GB USB 3.0 JumpDrive, model S73.
- Stores and transfers content faster with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology
- Speeds up to 3x* faster than standard JumpDrive® USB 2.0 drives.
- Retractable connector with convenient thumb slide
- Reliably stores and transfers photos, videos, files, and more
- Compatible with PC and Mac® systems
- Three-year limited warranty
Get your tickets at the meeting.
Welcome to PCC!
PC Community supports users of personal computers running versions of Windows, Linux, and DOS. Main meetings are held on the first Friday of each month, starting at 7:30 pm at Calvary Baptist Church at 28924 Ruus Road, Hayward California. Check back here on the Monday prior to the meeting for the most up-to-date information on the next meeting. Special interest groups (SIGs) meet during the month at various locations in the East Bay. In addition to attending the main meeting and SIG meetings, PCC members refurbish and recycle donated computers for use by schools, seniors and the disabled.
Web Site Awards
PCC was awarded first place in the APCUG Website Contest for 2013 at the 2013 APCUG/DMA-NASAC Ohio Regional Computer Conference on Digital Technology. held September 13-15. For more information, go to "Winners APCUG 2013 Website Contest."
Previous awards include:
- Third place award from APCUG in 2011.
- Second place award from APCUG in 2010.
- Third place award from the APCUG for 2009.
- Third place award from the APCUG for 2007, among large size user groups.
- First place award from APCUG among medium size user groups in 2006.
- Third place award for Best Web Site at the Southwest Computer User Group Conference in San Diego in August 2004.
For Members Only
If you are a member of PCC, there is more to this web site than meets the eye. If you register for an account, you will find news and information from some of the vendors that support user groups and discount offers that are available for members only. Registration is easy--click on the "Register" link in the right menu on the page. Fill out some basic information and your account will be approved shortly thereafter. You will receive an email confirming your registration when it has been approved. If you are not a member, this might be a good time to join.